School bus travel
All high school students that reside outside a 2km radius from the school are eligible for free transport. Students wishing to apply for free travel need to apply online at Transport for NSW , and choose apply for a school travel pass for the first time. If you don’t have access to the internet, you can call 131 500.
Please note: If your child already catches a bus for primary school, you will still need to re-apply to obtain approval of a travel pass for high school.
Once you have submitted this form it will be sent directly to the school to endorse your child’s enrolment. After the school has endorsed the enrolment the bus operator will receive notification of your approval.
The next step is to contact the bus operator to obtain pick up and drop off times and bus stop locations. Any new bus stops need to undergo a risk assessment and may need to obtain approval from the relevant council. This process can take several months so we would advise you to do this ASAP. If your stop has not been approved before you are wishing to start you will need to make arrangements to get to the closest approved bus stop which the bus company can advise where that would be.
Our local bus companies are:
Find out about our location and transport details to make getting to school safe and easy.
Our school is located at:
Dungog NSW 2420
Getting to and from school safely
As a parent or carer, it’s your responsibility to get your child to and from school safely. Student safety is our priority.
Keep our school community safe by:
- driving and parking safely, even if it means parking further away and walking the rest of the way to school
- being a good role model
- never calling your child from across the road
- using the safest place to cross the road.
For independent travellers
Talk safe travel with your high-school-aged child including:
Subsidised school travel
Transport for NSW provides subsidies to assist school students.
- The School Student Transport Scheme provides eligible students with free or subsidised travel on public transport between home and school.
- The School Drive Subsidy may help towards the costs of driving children to school if you live in an area where there is no public transport.